I am not saying they are healthy but I am saying they are amazing! After sharing this on my Instagram story, I got tons of request for the recipe! I honestly wing it when it comes to the amount of seasoning and ingredients I use but I will do my best when guestimating!
- 2 bags of frozen steamable French cut green beans
- 4 pieces of bacon (diced)
- 1/3 of a red onion (diced)
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic. I use the kind you can squeeze from a tube that stays in the fridge.
- Salt, Pepper and Tony Chachere’s
- Onion and Garlic Powder if you like a whole lot of flavor!
- Tabelspoon of Olive Oil
- Throw the two bags of green beans in the microwave for 5 mins!
- While greenbeans are cooking add olive oil, onions and garlic in the pot and let them cook down for a few mins.
- Then add the bacon and let it cook until it is a texture you like. (Are you a chewy or crispy person?! lol) *On this night we had some leftover deer sausage that I chopped up and thew in once the bacon was almost fully cooked! * Sooooo Good!
- Once the bacon and onions are cooked you can now remove the green beans from the microwave and throw them in the pot. I like to stir them and really let the green beans soak up all the bacon goodness!
- Add in all seasonings to your liking and let these cook on low for 15 mins so that all the flavors can marry together!