First off let me start off by saying HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I love new beginnings and fresh starts even if it is just another day of the week that rolls into a new year. There is so much hope that comes along with a fresh start and new year! I’m not someone who really writes down a list of new year’s resolutions I would say…. but I hope to be one day! lol For now I have my goals for the year business wise and personally tucked into a little folder in my brain. They are there for now and I’m currently working on my plan to make sure those goals are achieved. Action is key. If I have goals but no plan for how I am going to implement them then my chances of reaching those goals aren’t very good. lol Some of the resolutions I see talked about the most are ones like eat better, exercise, drink more water..etc! Which leads me to my next topic!
Here lately I’ve been getting a lot of questions on my skin care routine. I wanted to give you guys my tips and tricks for making sure you get the skin you want in 2018! So here we go!
- Wash your face morning and night. Never sleep with your makeup or mascara on! This is awful for your skin and your lashes will fall out.
- Drink lots of water! I’m a water drinker but my problem is I don’t drink enough throughout the day. Its amazing the difference hydration from within makes when it comes to your skin. If you have ever had a hangover you may notice how dehydrated and drab your skin is the next morning after a little too much to drink! lol so drink up as often as you can!
- Moisturize!! Morning and Night. I use to think because my skin was oily and more acne prone I did not need to moisturize. The truth is everyone needs to moisturize! Ive learned that not moisturizing can actually have the opposite effect for some people. My skin is less oily now that I moisturize.
- Eat healthy! There are certain foods out there that actually benefit your skin more than others! if you are prone to breakouts you want to stay away from sugar and dairy! Here is a link to 13 Foods you must add to your diet for beautiful skin.
- Exfoliate! but don’t over exfoliate. I own a Clarisonic which I love and was using it morning and night. I was educated and found out I was over exfoliating. Since then I’ve switched to exfoliating once sometime twice a week. My skin is in much better shape!
- Use Sunscreen. When I was younger I was one to neverrrrrr use sunscreen on my face unless I knew I was going to burn. Man do I regret that. Guys save your skin and use your sunscreen!
- Invest in an eye cream. This is something I’m bad at because they can be pricey but it’s worth it. It is never too early to start antiaging.
- Moisturize your lashes. this is something I do with olive oil from the kitchen. You can take a Q-tip or your finger and run some olive oil along your lash line.
- Keep your makeup tools clean. if you have a certain sponge or foundation brush. Don’t forget to clean it every few applications to keep any bacteria from transferring to your face!
- Lastly but not least, get lots of rest,don’t smoke and stay active!
Below you can find the products I love including a pillowcase that the beauty community swears by! You can get 20 percent off your order with your first purchase. I’ve also included my favorite face wash and this dress I snagged on sale from Asos!
I got to ring in the new year with my handsome hubby and beautiful sister! How lucky am I?! Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year! May you be blessed with so much happiness in 2018!
Photo Credit: Chris Brennan Photo