CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
You guys saw me post this on my IG story and many of you asked for the recipe so here it is! I’ve made this for years! It’s filling and healthy. You can tweak this recipe to your liking in so many ways. Ingredients and steps will be below! Let me know if you try it out and like it!
You can use any of these vegetables frozen or canned. I prefer canned because it makes things easier and the soup is ready to eat much quicker if you don’t have time for it to simmer.
- 1 Rotiserre Chicken (this is for when my time is limited otherwise you can boil or cook chicken tenderloin however you like to be torn up and put in the soup)
- One chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of minced Garlic
- 1 carton of Chicken Broth (I usually go for Organic or the healthiest option I can find)
- 1 can of Corn
- 1 can of Black beans
- 1 can of Mild Rotel
- 1 handful of raw carrots
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- For garnish: Shredded cheese, avocado, chopped green onion, crunched tortilla chips. I usually skip the chips but I love piling onions and avocado on top of my soup!
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are starting to become clear and then I dump everything in the same pot! All the veggies and chicken that I’ve torn off the bone! Don’t throw the bones in the pot! lol
- Throw in your cumin
- Let this cook on medium high until carrots are soft!
- Season to your liking! I throw in Salt, Pepper, Tony’s (duhhhh!) extra garlic and onion powder and some paprika because we like things with a little kick!
- Stir and let it simmer a little while.
- Then garnish with all the goodies!